Friday, September 25, 2009

Fall-izing and America's Next Top Model

We've been Fall-izing at our house. I think as I've gotten older the season of Fall/Autumn has become more and more a favorite time of year for me. Maybe it's living in the South where humidity rules and reigns for the majority of the year, so by the time Fall gets here I am extremely ready for some cooler, crisper air. I also think it has to do with the fact that also living in the South, I don't have to worry that much about the coming winter weather as I am not a big fan of extreme cold temperatures, ice, snow, etc. So, living in a place where the winters are fairly mild, I think I can simply enjoy Fall without it bringing with it the dread of the coming winter months.

Although the temps haven't dropped much at all yet and it's still warm enough to wear shorts, t-shirts and flip flops most days, I am still decorating for Fall and getting out my pumpkins, acorns and warm oranges, browns and reds in anticipation for the crisper days that are (hopefully) just around the corner.

Also, I need to show you the Next (High) Top Model. If you've read this blog for any length of time at all you will remember seeing these cute red high tops very recently. Well, once they were on her cute little feet one time, she has been requesting to wear them a lot...so, I indulged her again and pulled out a little red (long sleeved, fall-ish type weather) shirt and jeans for her to wear with her little red high tops. She wanted me to take her picture again, just the way I did the first time she wore them.


Here she is, America's Next (high) Top Model, with quite the pose.



Fall at our House:

A cute little pumpkin.
I bought it at Kohl's in the early Summer off their clearance rack and have had it tucked away waiting for time to bring it out.



Some simple arrangements I put together in place of some Spring ones I had there previously.



Love this little piece---it's a new addition to my decorations this Fall.
A good reminder of what we need to be doing during the season of Thanksgiving,
but also year round!



And, last night I attended a Ladies Craft Night with some ladies from the church we've been visiting recently. I had a lovely time and am thankful for some time spent with some sweet, fun ladies here in Rome.



The "sweet" I made to take along...


Almond Bars


Mmmm.



And here is the craft I worked on while socializing...

of course---something for Fall. :)


I'm very happy with the way it turned out and how the colors all blended together.

I'm also excited to have a real front door to hang it on. In Atlanta I never invested in any kind of door decor as in our apartment complex, I wouldn't have been surprised if it had been stolen right off our door. Just wasn't worth it to me.

I had so much fun shopping at Michael's, picking out little sprigs here and there that I thought would go well together. After ringing it all up (most of which was on 50% off) I realized that I had only spent $15 ($5 under budget for what I had set for myself) and that included the grapevine wreath too.
I was very happy and pleased with myself after looking at the pre-made wreaths you could purchase of similar size and style in the store which were being sold for $99.50. Of course I was proud to let Kane know that by spending $15, I was able to save us close to $85 in the long run. He was highly impressed. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What style! and I mean both mother and daughter.

Tuie

crossfield said...

Okay, I think I want that almond bar recipe... they just look cool!

The wreath turned out great! Almost makes me want one, although I know it would probably end up in a box somewhere!

Aunt Jane said...

I love the wreath!!! I would love to have one, but not sure I could pull it off! Oh, and Mara Kate looks so grown up in her fall fashion!!