Monday, October 10, 2005

Case Closed

"...Or that woman, if she has ten silver coins and loses one coin does not light a lamp and sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? When she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying, "Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin which I had lost."
Luke 15: 8-9


For those of you who don't know---awhile back I lost something. That something was my favorite oven mitt. Also, for those of you who don't know, my apartment isn't that large and there aren't that many places for my oven mitt to hide, so after doing just what the verse above says---I searched the house from top to bottom, I finally came to the conclusion that I had in fact thrown my oven mitt away.

Click here for the previous post: The Case of the Missing Mitt.

A couple weekends ago I was cleaning house and opened a drawer in my kitchen to find some little ANTS crawling around (ick). So, I immeditately called my husband, the pest controller of our home and he took care of the ants. In doing so, he removed the entire drawer they were in---and low and behold, my trusty little oven mitt had gotten wedged behind that drawer. It must have slipped out of the drawer and up behind where it could not be found.

So, there you have it---I have found my oven mitt and it's clever little hiding place. I didn't throw it away and therefore I haven't lost my mind as completely as some people might think. :) And, so just like the woman in Luke 15 I say, "Rejoice with me, for I have found the oven mitt which I had lost."


...And there was much rejoicing! :)

Case closed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty funny! I lost my iron when I moved in January, and haven't yet found it (thankfully my mom gave me another one for my occasional ironing). Glad you found your oven mitt and your sanity!

Anonymous said...

Jana, check behind that drawer and see if 3 of my missing pocket knives are back in there also

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

It's interesting how this parable is used to teach the joy of the Gospel--that God rejoices when we are adopted into His family.

What's really unique about this oven mitt caper, is that it was an act of God that made us aware: the ants. They were only in the oven mitt drawer, and there wasn't an entire nest--just enough crawling in the drawer to warrant a good cleaning.

Again, there's the Gospel. God makes us squirm to the point where our only reaction can be to "find" Him. In all reality, He has orchastrated every detail, including giving us faith that saves.

So indeed, let us rejoice--for we have been found!

Susanna Rose said...

VERY cute post! I like the parallel with the parable!:)

Anonymous said...

this is me rejoicing