Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall & the Pumpkin Patch

It's finally Fall and the leaves here in Georgia are changing colors. I love this time of year (who doesn't--it's just so glorious!) in spite of the fact that the temperature still feels like Summer most afternoons. The 30 degree temperature shifts are a bit crazy and we literally have to change clothes part way through the day so we don't roast!

Yesterday we went for a walk and I wore shorts, a tank top and flip flops!! It is late October and it was warm enough to wear a tank top! That's just wrong.

Last weekend we went to a nearby pumpkin patch and had a great time. Mara Kate got a small pumpkin, we rode on a hayride, Mara Kate ran through a kid's sized "hay maze", went in the petting zoo area and thought that was great. I ate some boiled peanuts while Kane and MK shared some cotton candy and I got some cute pictures of the girls. Mara Kate also got her face painted. It was a lovely outing all the way around!

Below are some of my favorite photos from our time. To see the rest of the pictures I took check out my Facebook album here.



Sweet Evelyn


Mara Kate


Daddy and his girls



Sistas!



All the girls



My pumpkin.
I stole this decorating idea from a friend.
I love initials and this was SO easy...yes, it's a sharpie marker!

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Love your pumpkin. (you KNOW I love monograms!). You got some sweet, sweet pics--so cute!

Christy said...

LOVE Evie and her little pumpkin, LOVE MK posing (too funny...she's a natural!) and LOVE LOVE LOVE your pumpkin!! It was fun reading your post...miss you lots.