Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Coming Home

I finally found a sweet little outfit that I thought was pretty and appropriate for Evelyn to wear home from the hospital. I mentioned in a previous post that it was important to me to pick out something special to bring her home in. I did the same thing for Mara Kate (although since we didn't know if she was a boy or a girl I also had a little boy outfit bought too--which I returned in the weeks following her birth).

Anyway, I'm very happy with what I found and the fact that is was on clearance! I really wanted her to be dressed in something feminine, but I didn't want it to be too dressy or too casual either. I also wanted it to be something that she would be comfortable in so nothing overly stiff or froo-froo!

Here's what I've settled on...

The entire ensemble




Tiny lavender & white seer sucker dress. Could it get any more precious?



Matching ruffled diaper cover and sweet little booties. I got the booties for $1 at a consignment store and I just switched out the existing slightly faded pink ribbon for new fresh lavender ribbon so they would coordinate.



OK, so the only question is....should I have a little "E" embroidered on this front pocket, or even her monogram EBN? I love personalized things (as if you couldn't tell that from all the other things I've posted already) and I want this to be a special outfit we'll save as a keepsake but I don't want to go overboard.

Opinions please!

5 comments:

Christy said...

Definitely get it monogrammed!! That little pocket is just begging to be initialed :) Someone just gave me, what look like, the exact same booties (the ones he wore to your shower) and I just switched out the ribbon, as I didn't like the color and put blue in. I just LOVE those booties!

Katie said...

Very cute....love the purple! Yes, monogram!

crossfield said...

Cute! I would monogram "evelyn" in all lowercase letters on the pocket... something small and subtle. Can't wait to see what you decide. :)

Aunt Jane said...

I say monogram...If there is enough room, do all three initials but if not...just an elegant E. Very classic look, which I am all about!! Can't wait to meet this new little family member!

Anonymous said...

I think a big "E"! I love 3 letter monograms too, but the E alone could be done bigger and would be more visible. You'll be taking lots of pictures that day and an E by itself isn't "busy" and won't take anything away from her sweet little face in the pics. It'll look cute either way though! Cant wait to see it...and her!