Wednesday, April 14, 2010

All About Evelyn

We are getting more and more excited to welcome our second daughter into our hearts and home in just a few more weeks! Here are pictures of some of the things I've been working on to carve out a little place for her at our house.


(even though her "room" is also currently our office and guest room, it will still be considered hers)



close up



Name letters hung on the wall.
I bought the cheapest cabinet knobs they sell at Lowe's (who uses pale pink ceramic knobs on kitchen cabinets these days anyway??) and had Kane hang the letters from the decorative knobs rather than just nails. Love the look it gives. Kane also got a new toy..er, I mean...tool in the process. A big bolt cutter! If you are interested in how to hang knobs in the wall, let me know and I'll send you the tutorial I found online.




New "girly" diaper bag.
My sister bought this same bag for her newest baby, Lily and I totally copied her for Evelyn! I got it on eBay for just $1.29 (plus $10 shipping), but still a really great deal!




close up

Also, my aunt Jane who lives in Arkansas is making coordinating big sister/little sister shirts for the girls to wear. She has an amazing embroidery machine (wish we lived closer). I'm also having her personalize a few burp cloths as well. Once I get them I'll be sure to post pictures of them as well!

This is one of the really FUN parts about finding out the gender ahead of time---being able to have time to think and be creative (before you are TOO tired to do so) and have some cute things personalized and ready to go when they arrive!

5 comments:

Katie said...

So cute Jana! I love all the stuff you have done, especially the knobs on the wall! Great idea!

Tara said...

Very cute! Getting excited to meet her soon!

Betsy said...

I love it! And what a great deal on the bag!

Dad said...

Very creative on all projects. I'm proud of you!

Unknown said...

Love it all! Can't wait for HER to see it!