Monday, March 29, 2010

Cooking: Quick Tip

This tip is not my own, but one I received a few weeks ago from a friend. After trying it and loving it, I decided I must share it with my scores of blog readers. :)

If you ever cook any recipe that calls for cooked, shredded chicken, then listen up! I personally love recipes like this, although I don't enjoy the slow and tedious process of shredding chicken. I also don't like my fingers to smell like boiled chicken after spending time pulling it apart bit by bit. I will never shred by hand (or fork) again.


Step 1)

Simply throw your cooked, trimmed chicken chunks into your (Kitchen Aid) mixer. If you have a Kitchen Aid mixer (which I personally think every kitchen needs), then just use your white paddle attachment.



Step 2)
Turn it on. :)


Step 3)
And, your done! 5 whole chicken breasts perfectly shredded in less than a minute!!




Oh, and here is a bonus photo for you of my sweet daughter. Today she was dressed up as a Hawaiian ballerina?!?--spinning and dancing all over the house while I prepared our supper entree!

Mara Kate

5 comments:

Kane said...

So does this mean you're going to make poppy seed chicken more often?

Thanks for a great meal tonight.

Katie said...

ha! EA wore her Hawaiian birthday stuff too yesterday! Those two girls even think alike when apart!

crossfield said...

Very cool tip! Now I just need a kitchen aid mixer. :) Actually, I was going to make the chicken and dressing for mom and dad, but punted because I just didn't have time to boil and pull the chicken. And, I was thinking what Kane was thinking... more poppy seed chicken! :)

Dad said...

What a cute little ballerina!

H said...

I tried this method tonight and it worked great!