Monday, January 25, 2010

A Bit of Decorating

When we moved into this house back in the Summer, I left the wall in the hallway blank. I didn't have anything that naturally went there and I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the space. So I did nothing, until now!

Recently our friend Bobbi Jo came to Rome to do a super awesome photo shoot of our family and after we saw the proofs, Kane suggested that I hang some pictures from that photo shoot in the hallway, since it was still completely bare. So, his suggestion really got my creative juices flowing. First I decided I'd just pick several of my favorites from the shoot and do a collage of pictures framed in various sized black frames. I thought that would look really nice. So, after purchasing the frames and deciding which prints should be included in the collage, I put Kane to work hanging the pictures. Thankfully he is a math guy and has no problem measuring, leveling and centering to hang everything just the way I want it. He got it on the wall and I really liked it...but, my juices kept flowing and this is the final product:





I bought an inexpensive black curtain rod and had Kane install it above the collage. Then I got thick ribbon and sewed loops at the top and let the ribbon fall from the rod to the pictures. Then I hung the pictures on top of the ribbon, cutting a small slit in the ribbon for the nail needed to actually hang the pictures. I'm really happy with the way it turned out!




6 comments:

Unknown said...

that is really cool!

Bobbi Jo said...

LOVE IT....love to see how people use the images I create for them!

Betsy said...

Pretty! You're so creative!

Dad said...

Very nice. (Didn't I do a homeschool decorating class? Maybe not)

Susanna Rose said...

Looks so good Jana! I love those pictures...Bobbi Jo truly has the gift!!!:)

Aunt Jane said...

I love the creative way you hung the pictures! You are a great decorator!! You are proof you don't have to spent lots of money to be creative...very proud of you!