Monday, March 02, 2009

Smoothies


My mom recently sent me her recipe for fruit smoothies. I had one the last time I was at her house and decided it was time I could make them for myself at home. My mom has one of those neat magic bullets, but I had to use my plain old blender. Although I am sure the magic bullet does a better, faster job I'm still very happy with how mine turned out. I had this for "supper" the other night and I was very full afterward. I think I'll keep the stuff on hand for these yummy treats. It's still cold right now, but this Summer I know they will be very refreshing in the Hotlanta weather!

Here's the recipe for those who are interested:

Ingredients: ice, juice, frozen fruit, 1 small yogurt of choice and 1/2-1 whole banana.

Place some juice (between 1/2 to 1 cup) in blender with a few ice cubes. Juice should cover the ice. Blend until slushy.

Add in your frozen fruit, blend. Add some yogurt, blend. Then add in your banana. You can make peach smoothies by using frozen peaches and peach yogurt----or use mixed frozen fruit with berry yogurt or any combination you like. The one pictured here was made with mixed fruit and key lime pie yogurt! It was very tasty.

You could also add protein powder or anything else of that sort as well.

Yum!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! I'll have to try it!
Love you!