Monday, March 30, 2009

Home from Birmingham

Mara Kate and I are home from Birmingham. We had a wonderful visit and just a great time all around with my sister and her family and we were also able to have a yummy supper date with Patrick and Laren at Jim and Nick's while we were there. Mmm!

Even though I got my sister fix, I don't have one picture of her or I to prove it. I do however have several of the cousins playing together. Now that we have kids it almost always seems to slip our minds to take a picture of ourselves we are usually too busy talking or taking pictures of the cute things the kids are doing.

In between snapping pictures of the kids and talking we also managed to have a lot of fun. We went out for some yummy Mexican food and Chick-Fil-A (of course), cooked a bit, shopped a bit, worked out together, cut Mara Kate's hair, watched the "special features" on Heidi's new Twilight DVD and went to see a movie at the $1 theater as well. It was a really fun visit and I was really in need of a couple days to get away and do something different. I had a blast in everything we did. Thanks Heidi and Jeph for hosting us!! Thanks also to my dear, sweet husband who let us go, even though he was alone (without a car) while we were gone. I know it's not as fun for him when we are gone, so it means a lot to me when he encourages me to spend time with my sister.

Here are a few of the pics I did take. I can't believe how big Olivia is getting. As you can see, she is bound and determined to do whatever the big kids are doing!



Getting a little trim from Aunt Heidi



Grant keeping Mara Kate entertained while she was trying to be still during her haircut.



Grant buffing up using my dumb bells.



Playing behind the couch, a favorite "spot" all weekend for the kids.



Morning hugs---with pj's and bed hair included.



Chilling on the hearth---watching Sesame Street together.



Lunch



Snuggled down in their pjs, watching one last movie before bedtime.



Olivia hanging out with Heidi and I while we chatted and folded laundry.



Yummy supper with Uncle Patrick and Aunt Laren

6 comments:

Katie said...

Fun trip! I'm glad you got to go!! The kids looked like they had a really good time together and entertained themselves while you and Heidi caught up! You'll have to tell me about the Twilight extras! :)

Love,
K

Dad said...

Looks like you all had a really fun trip. Glad you could go. Next, need to plan a group trip to KC!

Patrick and Laren Barker said...

We're glad we were able to see you this weekend. By MK's expressions, she sure is looking forward to Easter (and the candy).

alley said...

So glad you guys had fun! The kids are all SO cute and getting so big! I love the one with MK and Olivia! :0 Sweet cousin time! The pics were great and sweet. I agree with Grandpa. Next trip needs to be to KC! :)
LOVE AND MISS YOU!
gator ;)

Anonymous said...

SO glad y'all got to come 'play' with us for the weekend!!! It was so good to see you and spend time with you :) I had a lot of fun too and can't wait til next time!! Love ya!!

Andria said...

How fun!! Looks like a blast. I love the picture of Olivia in the dryer. I love seeing pics of her because you always say Alexia reminds you of her.
Hope to see you in the am at bible study!