Saturday, March 14, 2009

Consign Sale Success

When Mara Kate was a tiny baby I started going to a consignment sale here in Atlanta twice a year. The one I go to has a Spring sale and a Fall Sale, so you can go twice a year and get the bulk of your child's upcoming wardrobe needs taken care of in one swoop! The Spring sale (1/2 price day) was this morning and I headed out the door first thing this morning braving the cold and the rain in order to get there before the doors even opened. I stood in line (thankfully there was an awning so I didn't get too wet) and was one of the first ones inside. I found lots of treasures for Mara Kate and I'm trying to learn to be pickier and pickier with each season. I still came home with over 40 items (most less than $2 per item) that will be great for this Spring and Summer. I also found a few books and if you know my daughter you know she is a book-a-holic! So, the books are what she was most excited about while I was thrilled with the great deals I got on some cute, cute clothes. Kane stayed home this morning with Mara Kate so I could shop fast. Once I got home he patiently sat and watched me show him each individual item (as well as making sure he knew the impossibly low price I paid for each thing).

I've got the clothes in the washer/dryer right now getting them all clean and fresh before hanging them in Mara Kate's closet. Once I get everything organized I may post a few pictures of my absolute favorite finds, so stay tuned for that as well!

Mara Kate looking at her new books, sitting next to my laundry basket full of bargains!

4 comments:

Jordana said...

Has it been a year already? Seems like yesterday we were heading to the sale in the SNOW! :-) That was a fun trip!
Glad you were able to find some great stuff and I'll look forward to see your faves!

Janelle said...

I LOVE IT!! Can't wait to see your finds (I just posted pics of mine). I usually feel you on not finding shoes, but I totally lucked out this week and got 4 pair!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your treasure hunt!

Anonymous said...

So glad Mara Kate got some new books and you got some treasures and GREAT deals! :)
Love ya!