Saturday, March 14, 2009

Salad Queen

Many of you know my friend Katie. If you know her at all, you know she is very health conscious. What you might not know is that she is a salad queen! She makes yummy, filling, healthy salads for herself for lunch almost everyday! Since I have recently decided that I need to do better in thinking about my health in general and want to make healthier choices all around I've been picking Katie's brain recently about what she eats/cooks, etc.

She decided to host a "salad tutorial" at her house, since she makes lots of different salads for lunch almost everyday. I like salads, but I tend to make the same one (with the same toppings) every time, over and over. Then the taste is always the same and I get tired of it quickly.

So, I went to Katie's yesterday in hopes of adding some salad making variety to my life! She told me about several different salads she makes herself for lunch, then we made a specific one...a mexican-ish (surprise that's the one I chose!) type salad. Anyway, while she was working, I was snapping pictures so she could do a salad making tutorial on her blog, so others can benefit from her little tutorial!

So, if you are interested in learning how to make the really yummy salad we had for lunch yesterday, check out her tutorial HERE!

The girls also had fun playing together while we visited and ate. Thanks Katie for having us and feeding us!! The salad was very tasty!


This is the best shot I got---the only one with both girls actually looking at the camera!



And playing Ella Ann's new game, Elefun! Mara Kate really enjoyed it!

0 comments: