Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Home

We are finally home from all our travels and have spent all our time since we've been home getting our house back order. In post-Christmas, post-traveling order. Which always includes laundry, cleaning, un-decorating and packing away anything and everything related to Christmas, running errands, paying bills, buying groceries, etc. I worked my tail end off yesterday to get our house looking normal again and I even took the tree down all by myself. I was so tired of looking at it that I just couldn't wait until the evening when Kane got home. I wanted it gone now!

I feel like things are finally getting back to normal and Mara Kate and I headed over to see Katie and Ella Ann this morning for our usual weekly play date.

It was good to be with family and to spend the holidays with so many family members on both sides, but it is also so good to be home and back in my own bed again (hello memory foam mattress!!)

I'm excited because now that I have things back in order I will get to have some time with more family. I get to see my sister Heidi tomorrow and her kiddos since they are coming for a visit. They were some of the family members we did NOT get to see over the holidays, so I am ready for some sister time with her.

I finally got pictures from our trips uploaded, so to see pictures of our time in Knoxville with Kane's family click HERE and to see pictures of our time in Kansas City with my family click HERE!

2 comments:

Tara said...

It was great to have you guys here and I'm so thankful the weather was good. I enjoyed our coffee and the kids loved having Mara Kate here to play with. But, I know you are glad to be back home. My memory foam mattress calls my name, too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting your pictures. We had a great time, and the pics just help re-live it, if only for a minute. It looks like you had a really fun time in Knoxville, too. Love you guys!