Thursday, January 01, 2009

Headed to Hotlanta

We are heading back home early in the morning. Although I doubt it is hot in Atlanta, I'm guessing it is warmer there than it has been in Kansas City this week. I'm not really a fan of COLD weather, but it has been really great being with family in spite of the chilly temps.

This week has really flown by and I can't believe it is already time for us to leave. We have spent lots of time with lots of family over the past 7 days. We had "Christmas" with my family, spent New Year's Eve with my Dad's extended family, saw the Plaza all lit up and ate some of the world's best BBQ. Yum!

I'm so thankful we were able to make this trip. I love being with family for the holidays.

I'm sad to be leaving my mom and dad's , but I also know it will be good to get home (and back to my own bed) and hit this new year head on. I wonder what this new year will bring!

Happy 2009!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also can't believe how quickly the week went by, but we had some fun times, some good food, and some good MK time!

Anonymous said...

It was so good to have you all here with us! Lots of memories and lots of fun! It was so sweet when MK wanted Liam to put her down for a nap. How cool! What was funny is that she insisted and wouldn't let anyone else substitute! Liam is getting "Daddy" practice. I wish I could have spent even more time at home, but we sure made the best of the time I had! I miss you already!