Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'm In Love...

...with my new cookie jar that is. :o)

You know how sometimes you see something and you know it was meant to be yours? Well, that's how I felt about this cute-as-can-be cookie jar. I saw it while shopping a few weeks ago and wanted to buy it, but felt like I needed to wait to see if I could catch it on sale.

Then, I got a coupon in the mail for 20% off at Kohl's and decided I could swing it. (It was already on sale a little bit, but I know Kohl's items usually go WAY on sale, so I was trying to be patient). Well, my patience paid off this time. I was worried that they might be sold out by the time I was able to go, so I called yesterday to make sure they still had them and had them hold one for me, so I knew for sure it would be worth the drive over to the store.

I got there and went to customer service to pick up my little guy...he was there, smiling and ready to come home with me. :) I swung by the display table where they had the whole line of SnowDay Christmas dishes and I noticed that everything in the line was marked 75% off!! Plus, I was able to apply my 20% off coupon to the sale price to make it even less. YES!! I love it when that happens.

So here he is...

Original price: $40.64
Price I paid: $8.27

Isn't he the cutest?!
I'm thinking about naming him...any suggestions? :)


10 comments:

Tara said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

OK,....the cookie jar is a Snowman; the most famous Snowman is Frosty; and anybody over 50, (I mean 40), knows the guy who played the original Frosty was Burl Ives. Yours is a youthful Snowman, so my idea for a name is : Burl, Jr. ! Love you lots! Papadog

15010 said...

so cute and what a good price! Way to wait for the sale! As to a name....I am lacking creativity today.

Anonymous said...

Cute cookie jar...how about Snow Jo

tuie said...

He is a SNOwman who holds coOKIEs so I think SNOOKIE is a good name. (Papa Dog helped me with this. I think it is better than Burl, Jr.)

Tuie

crossfield said...

Is Kane jealous?

Anonymous said...

I think Snookie is cute...that is my vote!!

Anonymous said...

I like Snookie. What about Snowberry?
Ha! :)




Love ya!

Jana said...

Yeah, I think Snookie is it! So cute! :) Thanks!!

Susanna Rose said...

Miss your posts Jana...hope you guys had a great Christmas! Love the cookie jar!:)