Monday, December 15, 2008

Life in Pictures

Here is a window into our day to day life...through pictures I've taken over the past couple of weeks. Each one is sort of random, so I decided to make a combination post of lots of different pictures...

This is Mara Kate's new favorite thing! Her Cootie game! She bought this game with some of her birthday money. I took her to Target and helped her find things she could "afford" with the money she had and she picked this out all on her own. She wants to play it morning, noon and night so we have made lots and lots of Cootie bugs the past couple of weeks!
This picture was taken after she and I had played and we each made our cootie bug to match the ones pictured on the box. If you have a toddler, get them this game for Christmas!! It was only $5. Mara Kate can set the entire board up all by herself and it is a game she "gets" and enjoys over and over and over again.




Our girl just being her silly self!
Playing peek-a-boo with me while I was snapping her picture with the camera!




Mara Kate has been learning how to take pictures with my camera. I will tell her to go take a picture of different things then to show me the picture she took. She is actually getting pretty good about making sure the thing she is taking a picture of is actually in the picture and centered fairly well. She took this picture of one of our doors and clock. Wow, the perspective of the height of things is quite different when you are less than 3 feet tall.



Mara Kate took this one too...it's not
half-bad considering a 3 year old took it :)




I took this one last night while we were at our church's Christmas program. We sat with Katie and Ella Ann and the girls looked so cute in their matching bows and Christmas-y dresses. This was the closest I could get of them both smiling at the same time.



Ahh...yes, and that brings us to nap time! I checked on Mara Kate during nap time today and this is what I saw when I opened the door. These stuffed animals were all on her bed with her when I laid her down. She must have thrown them off one by one before falling asleep. She loves all of her stuffed animals as you can see, although there are a few that are more beloved than others. I think it's about time to draw the line (again) about how many she can sleep with and make her pick her favorite 2 or 3. When she has this many, apparently she thinks nap time is actually party time instead. ha!


She did eventually fall asleep though. I guess she got bored after all her
animals were on the floor. She isn't even using her pillow---silly girl!



One more thing I wanted to write about, but don't have a picture for is bath time. This afternoon I was giving her a bath and after I had washed her and her hair she wanted to sit in the water and play with her foam letters for a bit. I stepped out of the bathroom for a few minutes while she was playing (the bathroom is right off of our kitchen so I could still hear her playing). All of a sudden I heard a big splash...then another! I rushed in there to find that she was filling her rinse cup to the brim and dupping it right out onto the floor! Ahh!! I jumped into action grabbing extra towels from the closet to clean up the wet mess, while reprimanding her for dumping water on the floor. I explained to her that she is always supposed to keep the bath water in the tub...and to never dump it on the floor! I told her if she did it again she would get a big spanking, because now she knew that wasn't right. Somewhere in the middle of my ranting and raving I said, "I am NOT happy that you did this!".

Her reply?! She looked up at me very calmly and said, "It'll be ok Mommy. It'll dry, it'll dry!"

Then she said, "After you get me out of the tub and get me dressed, I will take care of you so you can be happy again.
"

Sure thing!!
ha!


6 comments:

Andria said...

Oh, I love what she said about making you happy! What a sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your life with us through your pictures. You wonder what would go through a three-year-old's mind to make her decide to start pouring water on the floor. Ah, the adventures of parenthood! We're really looking forward to seeing you all again at Christmas!

Katie said...

I love all the pictures, and the bath story! :) Fun post!

Love,
K

Janelle said...

I love this post! MK is so sweet, and it comes through in your writing. :)

Christy said...

Jana, the bath story made me laugh so hard!!! She is hysterical!

Anonymous said...

LOL...that is a cute story...thanks for all of your blog updates. I love hearing about bits of your life. It is so good to hear you enjoying motherhood. It goes so quickly then they grow up before you are ready!!! Love you lots and would love to see you soon....(love the sweet Christmas dress...you dress her so cute, always complete with the bow!)