Monday, October 27, 2008

What's for Supper?

Award winning Chili!


A few years ago when Kane and I were pretty involved in our church's young adults ministry, I entered my chili (recipe adapted from my sister and her old roommate's Chili recipe) into the "Amos Chili Contest" and it won first prize (out of the 5 that were entered)...so, yes, I am pretty proud of my Chili!

I made it yesterday for lunch and of course we will be eating leftovers tonight for supper as well! I also read in our church bulletin yesterday that our church will be having a Chili Cook off the day we all gather for "Hanging of the Greens" (when we decorate the church for the Christmas season). I'm sort of thinking about entering the cook off (if they ask for participants). If I do, I'll let you know how well it does. :)

What are YOU having for supper tonight?!

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

That looks yummy Jana - Chili is on our menu for later in the week. I hope you do enter the cookoff if they need participants. I'd love to try it!

Tara said...

I had leftover chili for lunch today and I haven't yet decided about supper!

Christy said...

Yes, we ARE looking for participants!! So you can be our first contestant to sign up :) By the way, I already LOVE your chili recipe because I see the crock pot it's made in...just my kind of meal!

Anonymous said...

send me the yummy recipe...

Andria said...

Hey! I am at a tiny little hotel in Antigua, Guatemala, waiting for Ricardo so I checked out your blog to see what you´re up to! We´re having a blast and Diego and Alexia are doing great. Diego bought a tiny gift for Mara Kate at the market and is SO excited to give it to her! Tomorrow is the big wedding and we´re really excited.
See you next week at bible study.
Love,
Andria