Friday, October 31, 2008

Almost


Mara Kate and I went with a couple friends to another Chick-Fil-A grand opening this week. If you don't know, Chick-Fil-A gives away a 1 year supply of Chick-Fil-A to the first 100 customers in line whenever a new restaurant opens.

This was our 3rd attempt at getting our free 1 year supply of Chick-Fil-A (52 combo-meal coupons---1 meal per week). The other times we went we got there and they were already lined up way past 100, so we just left. This time we were there almost in time and decided to stay and take our chances. My friend and I arrived and were numbered 106 and 107. We were told that they would do a raffle and draw 5 additional winners from anyone who was there over #100.

There ended up being 20 people over #100 (us included) so we stayed on the chance of winning one of the 5 raffled prizes. Well, after camping out (in the freezing cold weather) for15 hours we didn't win. So sad. We were given a 1 month supply (4 coupons) as a consolation prize.

After being cold for quite awhile and getting only about 4 hours of sleep while there, I was sad and disappointed and TIRED! But, we did have a lot of fun just hanging out and participating. Maybe we'll try again sometime, but no more staying for a chance of winning. The only way I'll wait it out next time is if I know I'm IN!

Click here to see the pictures I took of our camp-out!

0 comments: