Friday, September 12, 2008

Why? Why? Why?

This is an actual conversation that just happened between me and my very curious 2 year old daughter.

As I'm getting things out of the fridge to make a turkey sandwich for lunch:

Me: "I need the mayonnaise."

MK: "Why you need the mayonnaise?"

Me: "Because I want to put it on my sandwich."

MK: "Why you want to put it on your sandwich?"

Me: "Because I like the way it tastes."

MK: "Why do you like the way it tastes?"

Me: "I don't know. I just do."

MK: "Why you just do?"

Me: Ahhhh!!!

This is pretty much how all conversations I have with Mara Kate are going these days.

Man, this "why stage" is intense! Every answer creates a new question. I'm running out of steam fast. Anyone want to come visit and answer some of these questions for me for a little while?!

I'm glad it's almost nap time! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun!

Anonymous said...

Ha..I remember it well!!! It is a fun stage though...lots of teachable moments.=)

Betsy said...

I can imagine I would get very tired of answering questions!

Susanna Rose said...

We have tickets to come visit ATL in late October so I'd be happy to come over and answer some why questions for a while!!!:)