Sunday, September 07, 2008

Custom Room Signs: Made to Order

Awhile ago I made a little painted door sign for a friend's son for his birthday. I really liked the way it turned out and had so much fun making it that I ended up making 2 more for my nephew and niece for their birthdays as well.

Since then the friend I originally made one for has "commissioned" me to make an additional sign for her new baby. This time she gave me his nightlight cover to serve as my inspiration to make something that would go with his dalmatian themed room.

I've decided after making several of these little signs, that I would throw around the idea of making them as a side business, for fun! So, I am officially selling these custom made, custom designed door signs, so if anyone out there is interested in ordering one for their child's room (or any child in your life), please let me know. You can leave a comment on the blog with your email address and I'll contact you soon about design and pricing. :)

Here are pictures of the one's I've done to serve as examples:

Sport Theme


Racing Theme


Pretty Pink Flowers


Dalmatian Theme

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told Mom I wondered how much you were charging for customized door signs. She told me if I had to ask, I couldn't afford it.

Anonymous said...

Jana, You've already met ALL of my door-sign needs, or I would be ordering TWO! When baby #3 comes (Lord willing), I will definitely put in an order! They're so cute and they all have their own adorable look!

Anonymous said...

(You should check into hanging a few samples in a cute kids' boutique with some business cards! -- Maybe in Buckhead so your cut would still be pretty nice :) (free business cards at VistaPrint)

Anonymous said...

I love your signs and that is a great idea for a little extra money. Hope you get lots of business. What a creative idea...=)

Anonymous said...

Jana, I LOVE IT!! Thank you so much! I am so excited! It's going to look wonderful on Henry's door and it is particularly special because it was made by a friend. You are so creative and I will be sure to advertise for you whenever I can!
Megan
(PS - I think I left a comment another day and it listed me as magpiebaby which is my company but I realized that you may not know who that was!)

Anonymous said...

Jana, your signs are adorable, and I have had the pleasure of viewing them in person. I think that is a great idea for a little side business. They are so cute! I hope you get lots of orders! I like Heidi's idea of putting them in a boutique in Buckhead!

Tara said...

Jana,
I want some! Do you have "niece and nephew" pricing? :)

Susanna Rose said...

Hey Jana,

I love all these signs...you do such a beautiful job! Have you thought of opening an Etsy shop? One of my crafty cousins opened one last year and by having in on the side of her blog, etc, does really well with it!

Christy said...

Jana...well done! These are so cute! I'm so proud of you,
love,
Christy