Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Big Girl Hair Cut

Mara Kate's hair has been cut twice now. Her first haircut was several months ago and was cut by her Aunt Heidi. Last week I realized that it had grown out a lot since that first cut and bath time was beginning to be a struggle of the wills again with Mara Kate crying every time I had to wash it and brush all the tangles out of her curls. She hates having her hair brushed and I hate fighting with a 2 year old who cries when her hair gets brushed. So, I decided to cut it again. We were heading out of town for Labor Day and I decided I didn't want to wait until the next time we saw Heidi, so I just did what I saw her do and I think it turned out pretty good.

I wasn't exactly sure how to tell how short I was getting it because it was wet and straight and when her hair dries, it curls and looks shorter...so, it was sort of a shot in the dark, but she got a lot of compliments on it over the weekend from family, so I guess it must look ok. :)

Here is our big girl with a big girl hair cut!




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. She does look like a big girl. It looks so soft and shiny. Give her hugs for me...=)