Monday, March 31, 2008

On The Road Again

Tomorrow Mara Kate and I leave for our long road trip to the mid-west. We will be driving to Birmingham tomorrow evening where we'll stay the night at my sister's house. Then we will head out bright and early Wednesday morning bound for Missouri! We will have a full carload with my sister, Heidi and her two kids Grant and Olivia and Mara Kate and me. With 3 kids there is no way we can make it all the way to Kansas City in one day, so we will be stopping at some point at a hotel. Thursday we will arrive in Kansas City for a week+ visit with our parents, our older sister, Tara and her family (including 1 week old Megan) as well as all of our grandparents and several aunts, uncles and cousins. I'm excited to see my parent's house in Kansas City as this will be my first visit to see them (and where they live now) since they left Bristol. After our time in Kansas City (and after eating some of the world's Best BBQ) we'll head back to the South, making a pit stop in Arkansas to see 3 more of my favorite people; my Uncle Ross (he's awesome), my Aunt Jane (she's awesome too) and cousin Lisa (I'm sorry I won't get see my other cousin Anna Beth while I am there).

I will miss Kane tremendously while he stays behind to work, but I am really excited about this trip and the time I'll get to spend with my family while I am there.

If you don't see as many posts over the next couple weeks, that's why! It's because we are on the road again!

To my husband: Kane, I'm very thankful for your willingness to let us go for this long of a stretch and I really appreciate your support in all of the planning. Love you!


3 comments:

Christy said...

Jana and Mara Kate: we'll miss you guys around here but hope that you have a fabulous trip! Lots of love!

Anonymous said...

I am so looking forward to ya'lls visit to see us!!! I can't wait! Love, Alley

Susanna Rose said...

Have fun!:)