Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Few of Our Favorite Things

We had a great Christmas and are still enjoying time with family. We had a great visit with Kane's family and are now hiberating for a few days with my parents while anticipating the coming New Year.

Mara Kate was thrilled with the baby doll bed she got along with other toys. Kane's big gift this year was a laptop, which he has been needing for about 6 months. It will be used for school purposes as he is entering the stage of grad school where a lot of writing is required. I got a lot of neat things which I love, but I'll mention a few that I am particularly excited about: Kane got me a new all-weather coat with a zip out insert which I am thrilled with. We also bought a new digital camera with some Christmas $ we received. I am excited about it for several reasons-hopefully blog pictures will be of better quality in the future and I'll be able to capture special moments more accurately with the new camera that has much less of a "delay" when snapping pictures.

Last night my parents gave us a couple gift--a 2 inch thick Serta memory foam pad for our bed. They recently bought one for themselves and last time I was here I fell in love with it, sneaking naps when I could on their ever-so-comfortable bed. Now, we will have a bed just as comfy! Thanks Mom and Dad--I know we'll enjoy it!

Kane also received the Bourne movies, so we plan to watch all three in the coming days! Popcorn anyone?!

Another favorite for me is simply the time with family to relax and be together. I have been especially thankful for that this Christmas season.

Merry Christmas Everyone and Happy New Year!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Glad to hear you had a great Christmas.

All the best for the new year.