Wednesday, July 18, 2007

More Like Home

You may know that I love decorating, being creative and using my hands. I like having an idea in my head and being able to bring it to life! And when it comes to my home, I am always looking for ways to make it more welcoming, more inviting and more "homey".

When we moved here I decided that my first creative project at our new apartment would be to sew a shower curtain for our extra bath. I wanted to find some fabric that would coordinate with the maroon-purple tile and counter top as well as something colorful and fun!
Knowing that the average shower curtain cost anywhere between $25-$30 I was also hoping I could find a good deal on fabric and make it for less than I could buy it for.

I found this fabric this past weekend and fell in love with it.



Here is a close up--very fun, don't you agree?!


And the finished product--so, how much do you think I paid for it?



I found the fabric for $2.44 per yard (I needed a little more than 4 yards)--so I made the entire thing for $11.50!

4 comments:

15010 said...

wonderful - next time I need one i am going to order one from you! :-)

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I love the fabric and the price! I am so proud of you!

Love you!
Auntie Carol

Anonymous said...

Good jorb!

Susanna Rose said...

Good for you Jana! Who would have ever thought how much money could truly be saved by making ones own shower curtain! I'm with Bobby Jo...maybe I'll order one from you some time! Saw pics on Facebook by the way of your new place...looks fantastic and oh so roomy!:)