Monday, May 07, 2007

Weekend Away

This past weekend we were in Bristol, Virginia visiting my parents, sister, brother in law and nephew. I hadn't been to see my family since March and Kane hadn't been to visit since Christmas, so it was a much needed visit and one we really enjoyed. We slept at my sister's apartment this time and we attended Grant's 2nd birthday celebration Saturday afternoon. All the colorful balloons and streamers were a great hit for both Grant and Mara Kate! :)

Friday evening and Saturday morning my mom, Heidi and I attended the regional women's conference that was going on. We got to hear a wonderful godly woman, Susan Hunt, speak about Biblical Womanhood and our God-given roles in our homes and in the church to be "life-givers" and helpers in the way God created us to be. It was a very encouraging and challenging conference and a great time. I am so thankful I was able to be in town to go along with my mom, sister and a few other dear Christian women in that community.

We had a wonderful Mexican meal Saturday afternoon in honor of Kane's birthday, Grant's birthday as well as Cinco De Mayo. It was great! Thanks Mom for making wonderful enchiladas and to Heidi and Jeph for awesome guacamole and salsa! It was all so yummy!

Yesterday morning Kane, Mara Kate and I spent our last few hours in town over breakfast with my parents and just good conversation and fellowship. I hated to leave! The entire weekend was wonderful and I am so glad we were able to make it happen. I am also excited because I made plans before leaving for my next visit, which will be less than a month away, so I already have some more time planned to look forward to! :)

As always, some pictures of our time Virginia (and Tennessee).


My sister, Heidi (and my niece---who we will all get to meet in about 12 weeks!)
I am so excited to add another cousin to the mix---and a little girl this time! :)
My next trip to Bristol will be to host a baby shower for Heidi and this precious baby girl!


Mara Kate playing Mimi's piano.


...And Grant joining her for a duet. They both LOVE playing! :)



Grant on his new "truck" first thing in the morning the day after his birthday party!


The big 2 year old!


They had so much fun like this. Grant loved to PUSH and Mara Kate loved to RIDE!!
They were both thrilled!


Mimi and Mara Kate. Mara Kate is showing the camera her "silly face" here.



Grandpa and Mara Kate. She loves kisses and is so affectionate these days. So sweet.


Grandpa, Mara Kate and Mimi--after breakfast Sunday morning.



Me with my Mom and Dad



We always stop in Knoxville on our way through to Bristol so here are some pictures we took while we made our pit stop yesterday afternoon on our way home.


Mara Kate by some of Tuie's flowers


Mara Kate, Kane and Opa. (3 of the 4 current generations of Barkers)


Mara Kate and her Tuie

0 comments: