Monday, July 24, 2006

2 Years

Today is our 2nd anniversary. It is hard to believe I have been a married woman for 2 years now, when there was a time when it seemed like our wedding day would never come.

A lot has happened over the past two years. We have been through some really good, hard, interesting, challenging and rewarding things over the past 24 months.

A move to a new city, renting a new apartment, joining a new church, starting a new job, working towards a new degree, travels, birthdays, holidays, pregnancy, child birth, sleepless nights, parenthood, teamwork, etc...I would say that all of these things has only brought us closer together and I can honestly say that I am more in love with my husband today than I was the day we got engaged, the day we got married and even more than on our first anniversary.

This past weekend my parents were visiting us, so we took advantage of some free babysitting and went out to eat, while Mara Kate went shopping at IKEA with Mimi and Grandpa.


To my dear husband:

Kane, I love you so much. You are truly a servant and a wonderful husband. Thank you for caring enough to learn my smallest and largest interests, likes, dislikes, pet peeves and everything else in between and encourage me through it all. It is a wonderful thing to be known, but especially to be known by someone who loves me so deeply. I know I am undeserving, but am very thankful. To many more wonderful years together filled with love and grace!

I Love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling,

I love you too. These past two years have been an adventure. I appreciate all the support and love that you have given me, even when I don't deserve it. I guess you are just putting up with me, as Alley would say. I look forward to celebrating many more anniversaries together. I love you really a lot.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to go out for your celebration dinner, and that you didn't come home to a fussy baby!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Tara said...

Jana and Kane,
Happy Anniversary, one day late! I realized last night that I didn't call to tell you...I completely forgot when you called earlier in the day, too. Since I am moving tomorrow, I guess I have an excuse! It doesn't seem like it has been two years since Liam walked down the aisle at the rehearsal with his Spiderman mask on!

Susanna Rose said...

Kane and Jana,

A bit late but HAPPY ANNIVERSARY guys! Your marriage is really a modal of what it is to be a commited, loving, very godly couple and I'm so thankful Rick and I are friends with you both! Can't wait till the babies can be friends too!;)