Wednesday, April 19, 2006

My Sisters

I have 2 amazing sisters who I love dearly. Although we are family, I would also count them both to be my closest friends. They have always been there for me and still are today. If I need ANYTHING they are usually 2 of the first people I call.

I know many people on this earth have sisters, but it is a rarer thing to be as close as I am to both my sisters so I count that as a great blessing.

Tara, my older sister has been a great example to me over the years and although there were times when I felt I had a "2nd" mom growing up, I now realize it is because she and my mom are so much alike and I have come to appreciate her personality and all that she adds to my life. Tara is a wonderful wife, very patient and loving. She is a great mom who has taught me already how to "chill out" and just enjoy the little moments in life. She has always allowed Heidi and I to "use" her children as practice for our own someday and now that I have a baby of my own, I understand just how much she must have trusted us to let us do some of the things we did with her precious little ones. (Tara---I am specifically thinking of the time when Heidi and I took Alley to Fazolis when she was a fairly tiny baby and left you all alone at your apartment). Thank you Tara, for always trusting us. Tara is probably one of the strongest people I know. For many reasons, but mostly for the fact that she has spent a lot of her married life a part from her husband for various reasons such as work, the army, etc. She has held it all together so many times and has been a great wife, mom, daughter and sister through it all. Tara you are amazing and I look up to you in so many ways you don't even know about.

Heidi, my younger sister is one I also look UP to, even though she is younger. She is a great mom as well and someone I have asked advice of many times in the past 5 months since Mara Kate was born. She is a servent, always ready to help and give of herself whenever there is a need. She has ALWAYS been this way, but it is wonderful to watch that characteristic grow in her as she has become a wife and mom over the past couple of years. Heidi, thank you for being such a good friend and someone I can truly learn from in many areas of life, especially on how to be a better mom and also a better wife. You have always been loving, yet bold and I appreciate the fact that you are sensitive to others in their needs. You are a living example to me and I want you to know that I notice things you do even when you may think they go unnoticed.

Tara and Heidi, I just wanted to let you know how much you both mean to me and I wish we lived closer and could see each other more often. I am just so thankful for all the visits we have had over the past few months.

I love you both!



Heidi & Tara--pregnant Feb. 2005


Christmas 2005



April 2005 In our Hersheys T-shirts Heidi "earned" for us by eating A LOT of CHOCOLATE! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel so very blessed that you all get along so well and are so close. I am very proud of all my girls and love you all very much!!

Anonymous said...

oh wow...that's so sweet. You know how someone compliments you, then you say the same thing back, but it sounds like you're doing it just because they did?? Well, truly, I could say all of that right back to you and mean every word. I have been extremely blessed with the sisters I have. I love you.

Tara said...

Jana,
That was a very sweet post...and I feel the same way about you and Heidi. I may not have alot of close friends at this point in my life but I really don't need many with sisters like I have. I am glad we have so many memories from spending our whole lives together and I look forward to more in the years to come, even if we do have to work harder at being together. We need to plan another sisters weekend,2005 babies included.
I am glad that I was able to provide you both with "practice children" so you could be more confident moms! :)I love you!