Monday, October 17, 2005

Unemployed

I am officially unemployed. Or you could say, I am officially a "stay at home mom" (minus the baby). Well, there is a baby, but I am not yet staying at home to take care of it. I am staying at home preparing for it's arrival in a few short weeks.

Friday was my last day of work at the church office and I was kindly treated to lunch by the other gals there, which was very sweet of them. Although it is a weird feeling to not be working for the first time in almost 10 years it is a good feeling as well. I am looking forward to having some time to get some extra rest, organize and get everything "just right" before our little one arrives.

Kane and I had a good weekend up in Knoxville attending his cousin's rehearsal dinner, bridal luncheon, wedding ceremony and reception. It really felt like Fall and I am TRULY enjoying the cooler weather this year. :) It was nice to spend time with Kane's family and all be together for the last time before Christmas. I am so thankful to have such wonderful "in-laws" that I love dearly.

Now that we are back at home I am already busy organizing and thinking through all that needs to happen before the baby comes. I have several things to look forward to - like a baby shower later this month and Thanksgiving in November.

With only 7 weeks to go--I do hope to stay busy so the time will pass quickly. I am really beginning to feel excited about meeting this little one inside me. I can't wait to kiss it's little face, cuddle it in my arms and smell the sweetness of baby's breath.


"If one feels the need of something grand, something infinite, something that makes one feel aware of God, one need not go far to find it. I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle." Vincent van Gogh

4 comments:

15010 said...

Yeah your a stay at home mom, that is a wonderful job. Enjoy the time of rest and preparing for the little one. I look forward to taking your picture next week.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Doesn't it make it seem more realistic now that you're at home?? That is such a sweet, wonderfully true quote!

Anonymous said...

Jana,
I know that being home makes it all seem closer and even more real! I am so excited and cannot wait, either, to hold and kiss that precious child of yours! I am really looking forward to coming down ahead of time and waiting excitedly with you! How amazing and wonderful God is in His most precious gifts....new people! We pray everyday for your health and the health of that special child inside of you. Anxiously (in a good way) awaiting my grandchile, Mom

Anonymous said...

Oops, a typo up above.
grandchild! Sorry. Love, Mom
Kane: I think you will be a great Dad! I didn't mean to leave you out of the post...I was just having a little mother daughter talking going on. Love you.....all three so very very much! Love, Mom