Friday, October 21, 2005

A Little Bit of Pampering

Today I met a friend for lunch--- a lady older than me who I used to work with at Curves back when Kane and I first moved to Atlanta. I hadn't seen or talked to her in months and I got a call from her out of the blue last week. She had found my number that she thought she had lost and asked if we could meet for lunch today...her treat!

This being my first week as a "stay at homer" I really looked forward to getting out and meeting her and catching up. We went to this really awesome Italian restaurant (Maggiano's) and I was treated like a queen. We started out with a yummy appetizer (spinach artichoke dip), a wonderful entree of my choice (I went with chicken parmesan) and then she even treated us to a delicious dessert---we split a delightful bit of Tiramisu (mmm...good!). We talked a lot about pregnancy (she has 3 children all close to MY age) and labor and delivery. She told stories about her pregnancies from years ago and I told her all about mine and how things had progressed over the past months.

It really was a treat just to visit and talk with her and it made me thankful for the relationships that I formed early on after our move to Atlanta---and it made me realize that God provides for us in many ways---even by just a little pampering from a "mom" type friend---when my mom is too far away.

Friendship is such a blessing--in all ages and stages of our lives!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great time and that you're taking advantage of this time that you are free to go meet a friend for lunch. i CAn't wait to meet my little niece/nephew! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

i think that is GREAT!

Susanna Rose said...

Yes Jana,

friends -like you - ARE a huge blessing!(= Call me now that you have more time and we'll have to do something!