Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Sisters

This past weekend Kane and I enjoyed the company of my sister Heidi, her husband Jeph & their little baby boy, Grant. They arrived Saturday morning---and we really enjoyed their entire visit. Heidi and I made our way to the newly opened store in Atlanta---IKEA! It is a huge store, a place you shouldn't go unless you have at least 2 hours or more to spend. We had fun browsing, talking and looking. It was some fun SISTER TIME---something I don't get much of these days, but thoroughly enjoyed.

During their visit we also took a trip to the Dekalb World Farmer's Market. Heidi stocked up on some spices at a really great price (one of the joys of living in a large city--with many resources) and a few other cool things.

Grant has been the first baby to come visit us here in Atlanta and Kane and I agree that it has made us both more excited about our little one on the way---having Grant here to play with in our own home was so much fun. I must say that he is such a good baby! I was amazed at how content he was as long as he was fed and dry---he was pretty happy! Of course his open mouth, gummy grin stole my heart every time---what a joy it was to have them here.

Thanks guys for making the drive to come visit---it was refreshing and fun!

I am so glad God gave me sisters!

7 comments:

Tara said...

Me, too!

Anonymous said...

I love this! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad that you and Heidi had some good "sister time"

Anonymous said...

I am glad God gave me my sisters too...life would have been totally different without them. Tell Kane Grant has purposely been reaching up to play with the toys Kane "lowered" for him on his play gym! :)

15010 said...

It was great to meet them on Sunday at church! Your newphew is soo cute...blog question how did you get the web counter on the bottom? Hope to chat up with you soon Jana!
Bobbi Jo

Anonymous said...

i love sisters!

Susanna Rose said...

Jana, I really enjoyed meeting your sister and her cute little family!!! I'm glad you all had fun while they were with you! Can't wait to see your cute little guy/girl!