Tuesday, January 17, 2012

World of Pinterest

A while back I got an invitation to join the website Pinterest. Pinterest is basically a site where you can have your own virtual "pin boards" to keep track of online ideas you see or other items that you like or that inspire you.

I went ahead and joined, but my boards sat empty for months. I didn't really understand the point and didn't really want to take the time to get too involved with it. After some prompting from friends I decided to log in again and just browse. There was a idea/project I had in mind that I wanted to do and I pretty much knew what I wanted it to look like, but I did want some help with inspiration and direction. I didn't know at first that you can search Pinterest for specific ideas--not only see the popular pins among your friends. This was cool.

I wanted to make some sort of small, pretty wreath, so I searched for that and many fun and pretty ideas popped up. Many of them were actual tutorials on how to make the wreaths myself (even better). I pinned a few to remember what I saw and which ones I liked. This was fun!

Once I decided on which tutorial I wanted to follow, I bought the supplies and got to work....

 1 yard of fabric (the tutorial said you needed on yard. I should have bought a little more, but it worked out in the end).

 Foam wreath form wrapped with strips of fabric and secured with a bit of hot glue.


 The beginnings of my flowerets...made simply from strips of fabric I cut, folded and pinned directly onto the wreath, one right next to the other (to cover the pins).


 Finished wreath.

 Awhile ago a friend gave me an old window pane that was just sitting in her garage and it's been sitting in our shed for months...probably over a year actually and I had just never decided what to do with it. Kane helped me by tacking the ribbon to the back of the window before hanging it on the wall.

 My dear husband always makes sure everything he hangs is perfectly centered and leveled. This is one of the many reasons I love him. His accuracy in math helps to make our home beautiful! Thanks, Babe!


 Finished result---it's simple, but I'm very pleased with how it turned out.


And now that empty spot on the wall is no longer empty....thank you Pinterest!

 (If anyone would like an invitation to Pinterest, I'm happy to send you one. Just let me know!)




3 comments:

Christy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this wreath Jana!!! Great job! I love Pinterest for inspiration!

Katherine said...

So cute!!

Unknown said...

Very impressive post. Thanks for those useful instruction.

Buy Cloth Stand Online | Buy mop Online