Saturday, July 17, 2010

VBS

Last week Mara Kate attended VBS at a local church here in Rome. Our small church doesn't do VBS, so we enrolled her in a program at larger church in town. It was called SonQuest Rain Forest and she had a blast!!

It worked out really nicely for me as well because Kane would drop her off each morning on his way to work and I'd just pick her up at noon each day. It gave Evelyn and I the mornings together and when she was napping I was able to enjoy some peace and quiet.

Also, on Thursday I got some bonus time as a friend from church/Bible study (whose kids were also doing VBS) offered to let Mara Kate come play at their house in the afternoon one day. So, on Thursday Kane took Mara Kate to the church at 9am and I didn't see her again until after 6pm. She had a blast going to play dress up and Wii at the friend's house, then going to the pool and then out to supper at Moe's too! I took advantage of having just Evelyn and went to browse at a few stores and also spent some time at home too. I needed a few "transition" items, so it was good to have the chance to look/shop a bit.


Here's Mara Kate on her final day of VBS. Everyone wore their t-shirts that day!



The closing ceremony. Performing songs with hand motions for all the parents.



She spotted me in the crowd of parents---so I quickly snapped this picture!



Back at home modeling her explorer hat.
All their crafts were related to exploring a rain forest.

1 comments:

Dad said...

It looks like MK had a great time!