Monday, May 17, 2010

Diaper Shower

Saturday morning some of my new friends in Rome threw me a diaper shower! It was a fun morning hanging out with lots of ladies from our church. The hostess cooked a wonderful full Southern breakfast for all the guests of grits, eggs, biscuits, sausage, bacon, juice and coffee. It was very, very tasty!



Evelyn's name was sweetly hanging from the mantel. :)



Presents---lots of diapers and a few other special gifts as well.



Game time---we had to taste test 5 different kinds of baby food and try to identify what exactly we were eating.


And there were five different "dirty diapers" which were actually different kinds of melted candy bars, which we had to identify as well, by smelling or tasting! Ha!


So funny watching people sniffing the contents of these tiny diapers!



The sweet hostess' Julie & Emily.
Emily is also having a baby and is due with her first little boy one day before me!




One of the gifts I received was a specialty nursing pillow. Several of the ladies knew I had registered for this and went in together on it for me. I was surprised, but am very thankful to have it as I know it is highly recommended especially when you are nursing a newborn!

I was explaining to Mara Kate what it was and how it worked and she wanted to "try it out" with her own baby doll, so here she is modeling my new nursing pillow!

1 comments:

The Vinsons said...

Love the last photo! How sweet! Glad to hear things are going well.