Friday, February 05, 2010

Welcome Lily Jane!!!

Mara Kate and I spent all of last week in Birmingham. My sister Heidi was ready to have baby #3 (a girl) and we planned to be there for her arrival!

She had a scheduled induction last Friday, but was showing signs that she might have the baby before that. So we went and just hung out for a couple days with her. My mom and my oldest niece Alley were also already in town helping out with things while we waited for the baby. The baby ended up coming on induction day and the delivery was fast and easy. Heidi was induced around 6am and Lily was born at 10:04am.

She is a beautiful baby girl and as sweet and as precious as can be! I was so thankful I was able to be there for her delivery---what a miracle it is each and every time.

So, WELCOME to the world, Lily Jane. We are so glad you are here!

Here are some pictures of sweet Lily and of our time in Birmingham.


sign on the hospital door



moments after birth---before her first bath




Aunt Jana with my newest niece



Lily with Mimi



Lily meeting her big brother (Grant) and big sister (Olivia)



All wrapped up like a present! Love that big bow!!!



Lily with Uncle Kane. Thankfully Kane was able to drive in for the weekend to spend some time with us and to meet Lily!



Mara Kate with her new cousin. I think holding Lily made her more excited about when her own sibling will be born in a few months.
I think seeing Heidi go to the hospital, etc. helped her to understand in a more tangible way what will happen when it is time for our baby to be born.




Big brother, bis sister and two cousins anxiously awaiting Lily's arrival---she was on her way home from the hospital!



She's now safe and sound at home and getting lots of loving from everyone!!


*Kane had to take my camera home with him for something he needed to do at work, so I didn't get to take any pictures of when my Dad, older sister and her children were there. Once I get a few of those emailed to me, I'll be sure to post one of all the cousins together---8 in all!

*Also, a special thank you goes to Patrick and Laren (my sister and brother in-law) who gave Mara Kate and I a place to sleep while we were in town for all the excitement! We really appreciate your hospitality!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet post....thank you Aunt Jana!! :) So glad you were here...it made the week even more special. Come back soon! Can't wait to meet Lily's sweet little cousin in June!

Susanna Rose said...

Congratulations! She's adorable and I love her name! If our last name was not Rose, Ellie would have been Lily but we just could not do two flowers in a row!;)