Friday, July 10, 2009

Free Chicken!

It is once again Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-Fil-A. We participated in this event last year and decided it was worth doing it again even in the midst of packing for our upcoming move. So, we took a break from filling boxes and pulled together a cute little cow costume for Mara Kate.

Basically, the deal is if you dress up like a cow, you get a FREE meal at Chick-Fil-A today.

I didn't really "dress up" this year, but did wear black and white and an "Eat Mor Chikin" sign on the back of my shirt. That at least qualified me for a free sandwich though! :) Mara Kate was decked out, even with a cow bell hanging around her neck so she got a full kid's meal for free. She had fun and got lots of compliments on her outfit. Check her out!



Showing off her spots, ears and tail!



...and her black cow NOSE!



...and finally an "eat more chikin" sign for her as well.



Enjoying her free lunch.



Me with my cute, little cow.



and with Daddy!
Kane spared one of his precious hours today to go with us. It meant a lot to me as we haven't had much family time as of late, so it was extra special that he made it happen. Thanks Babe!


We are hoping by the close of this weekend that things will lighten up a little bit between now and his defense date. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

OK, so who else is planning to take advantage of this Chick-Fil-A promotion?!

4 comments:

elise said...

We just did! Hooray for free chikin!

Unknown said...

So cute Jana! I love MK as a cow!! That's great Kane got to meet you as well! What a nice day! I asked Spencer if he'd dress up like a cow for me and get some free chix..."uhhhh maybe if they were serving around a million dollars." So much for that! EA doesn't eat chix so oh well! ha!

Oh and I'm signed in as Spencer so it's me! :)

Tara said...

We did..I'll try to post pics to facebook or the blog later.

Ruth Cox said...

we did! but forgot pictures. We were quite the sight with all 4 decked up! Jeremy got a sandwhich with his shirt, but the rest of us got meals!!! really neat!