Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Strawberry Goodness

Mara Kate and I took a little trip over to Athens at the beginning of the week to go pick strawberries with some friends. We did this last year too, so this was our second time at this farm. We had a blast and decided that going in April rather than May was a good choice. Last year it was SO hot, but this time it wasn't bad at all. We really enjoyed ourselves and of course the yummy strawberries that came home with us too!


Mara Kate happy to be in the great outdoors!



So sweet. I sure do love my girl!



Mara Kate taking a "break". Break # 1.



Going for a walk with Bryan.



Break # 2.
Chilling with Bryan. She didn't want to sit on the pine straw so she opted for Bryan's lap. :)
Of course a few hours later at supper she was too shy to even hold his
hand when it was time to pray...go figure.




Sweet friends---Kathryn and Bryan, with Mara Kate.



Walking the rows...
while enjoying God's beautiful creation.




One word--Yum!



Strawberry Shortcake for dessert. Freshly picked strawberries with
homemade whipped cream and homemade shortcake.
Mmmm!



Big and Beautiful!



Washed and ready to be eaten!

4 comments:

Katie said...

All I have to say is YUM!!!!

The Vinsons said...

OMG! I was thinking about going picking sometime this year; wasn't up to it last year being pregnant and all. Where did you go?

Gator said...

Those strawberries look SO GOOD! Y-U-M!!! I'm jealous! :) We need to do something like that, too! I LOVE MK's hat! Cute!
Gator ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...great pictures and it looked SO yum...Make the shortbread for me sometime? Or at least tell me exactly how you did it!! Love ya.