Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!

a day late...

I didn't get to say Happy Valentine's Day yesterday as I was quite busy spending time with my Valentine! :)

We have had a wonderful weekend together so far. Friday night I picked him up from work and we went out for dinner and margaritas and then went to see a movie at Atlantic Station. It was a nice beginning to our time together.

Yesterday I woke up to a heart shaped box of chocolates, a card and a dozen roses. So nice when Valentine's Day starts out like this! I also gave Kane his card and candy too. :) After a slow moving morning we eventually headed out the door to do some browsing/shopping at the mall. Together. On no time schedule. With no nap time looming to hurry us along. No toddler waiting until the last second to tell you she needs a potty RIGHT NOW. No, just pure relaxed time out of the house with my husband. Just my husband. Can life get any better?!

Kane has an interview coming up as well as his dissertation defense this summer and he needed a suit. So, we went shopping for a suit. We got one and took it to be altered. Check!

We also shopped at my favorite store, Kohls. Whenever I get one of those little Kohls coupons in the mail it really burns a hole in my pocket, because I know just what kinds of deals are waiting for me on the 70% and 80% off racks, especially when I have a coupon that takes even more off your total. That is my kind of deal!

Kane graciously, in an act of service and love, agreed to go shopping with me--at Kohls. :) We hit the men's clearance racks and of course all of the women's too. Kane was surprised to find out the shopping experience wasn't nearly as painful as he was expecting. He found out that I'm a very fast browser and don't have a hard time making choices when it comes to what to buy and what to leave on the rack. We did find some good deals and Kane came home with 2 shirts and so did I! I also got a really cute dress too that we decided on at the last minute. So fun--I felt so pampered!

After shopping we made a pit stop at the mall food court to split a Chick-Fil-A combo meal for a light lunch. We were hungry, but didn't want to get too full as we knew we were going out for a dress up date later in the evening. After lunch we made our way to a little coffee shop near the mall. It was great just sitting and sipping coffee (or a hand-mixed Italian soda for my non-coffee drinking husband) and chatting together.

Then we came home and changed and got ready for our official date. We headed to the Cheesecake Factory (which doesn't take reservations) and proceeeded to wait for 2.5 hours for a table. It was really fine though as we were prepared for a long wait and since the location we went to is attached to a mall we were able to walk around the mall while we waited.
The wait was worth it and our food was amazing---as it always is at the Cheesecake Factory. It was a really special Valentine's Day for us both.

V-Day goodies



...and cards



Hanging out...getting ready to go shopping.



Chilling at the food court


Home with our bargains



wearing my new dress...that I love!



Together--before our wonderful dinner out!

8 comments:

Betsy said...

What fun!!!

Katie said...

Very fun/special weekend Jana!! I love your new dress...you looked beautiful for your night on the town! Can't believe you waited 2.5hours though!!!

love,
k

Christy said...

You look so gorgeous Jana!! The dress is perfect on you. So glad you had a good time this weekend, just the two of you. Hope we can hang out soon. Love,
CJY

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great day. We went to Alley's valentine party, then out to Jack Stack for ribs. Very delicious.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice Valentine's Day! I like your dress!
Love, Alley

Southern Expressions said...

LOVE the dress--so cute!!

Anonymous said...

looks like you had a perfect Valentine's Day! An all day date...that's great! Love the dress!!! It IS perfect on you!! Miss ya.

Anonymous said...

jana! i love your dress.. so cute especially w the tights. =) come see us! i miss you