Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fernbank

Yesterday while Kane was working I decided to pass the time by taking Mara Kate to Fernbank. We've had a membership for the past year and it is getting ready to expire so I decided I'd take Mara Kate one more time. They have a new exhibit that opened last weekend so I decided it would be fun to take her to see it. It's all about Dinosours! For those of you in Atlanta, if you have never been to Fernbank, this would be a neat time to go. I really enjoyed the Dino exhibit and so did Mara Kate. It truly is amazing seeing the foot prints and fossils of these completely massive animals that used to roam this earth.

Mara Kate and I had a good time together, although we were sad that Kane couldn't join us. Sadly there was no photography allowed in the exhibit itself, but here are a few pictures I was able to take while we were there.


Mara Kate in front of the dino shrub out front.
She was actually pretty afraid of it and wouldn't stand any closer.
It wasn't even a real shrub. It was totally fake and made out of the same
stuff artificial Christmas trees are made of. It still looked pretty cool though!





Playing in the preschool area.



And, of course, if you know Mara Kate at all, you know she just had to
have her picture made next to the penguin!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a good time. I'm glad you were able to see the Dino exhibit before your membership expires. Love you!