Saturday, December 06, 2008

"The Stockings Were Hung by the Chimney With Care..."

Our little reindeer!

Except for the fact that we don't have a chimney in our urban apartment or stockings to hang (we haven't bought family stockings yet, as we have never had a Christmas morning at home since we've been married--maybe someday!) we are all decked out for the holidays. I really enjoy decorating and Christmas is such a fun time to be creative in the decorating realm. Mara Kate really helped this year and handed Kane branches while he assembled our artificial tree. She was SO excited when it was time to get out all of the Christmas decorations!

So, welcome to our home...

Assembling the tree



Putting on the first ornaments



Admiring the tree AND Daddy's Lego train underneath



a few decorations...

This arrangement was made using greenery from my mother in law's yard.
I had so much fun playing around and making this festive arrangement for my wall.




Kane's train! I just love it!
This is the "snow blower" on the front to make sure the tracks stay clear all season long! :) The round blower actually turns in a circle as it glides along the tracks.




More cars coming around the bend.



Our tree!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could see all your pretty decorations in person, but I am thankful for the pictures so I can get an idea. At least you will see our decorations when you come to KC. Love you!

Christy said...

Everything looks beautiful Jana! I love Kane's train!!! How cute! Can't wait to hang out sometime. We're in Chatt. this Wed. through Sat. for Andre's cousin's wedding but maybe the following week, we can do something. Love you,
CJ

Robert Kingston said...

Lol - love the train guys (lego freak myself).

Hope you have a great Christmas!