Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Showered with Love (and gifts)

This past weekend some friends and I hosted a baby shower for my dear friend, Katie. She is expecting a baby boy in just a few short weeks and we wanted to shower her with love as well as with a few gifts for the baby. We had "high tea" and I had scones with clotted cream and lemon curd for the first time ever! (sad, I know--I had no idea what I'd been missing out on all these years). :)

We had a great time and our small, intimate group ended up just sitting around chatting after the "shower" activities were complete. It was a nice afternoon "just as girls" and it was fun pampering and honoring Katie during this exciting time in her life!

Katie and the spread of food


Fancy tea cups for our High Tea


Opening gifts


My friend Ruth blessed Katie with a foot massage during the shower.
I know her pregnant, aching feet appreciated it greatly!

3 comments:

H said...

Yum - lemon curd is very easy to make and keep on hand for snacking! :-)

Anonymous said...

looks like it was a lot of fun! such a good shower idea...:)

Katie said...

Awwww thanks!!! I feel so blessed to have you girls as my best friends and am thankful for the wonderful shower! It sure was nice!! I know, that was the first time I had scones with clotted cream and lemon curd as well!

Love,
K