Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pizza Tutorial

BBQ Chicken Pizza Tutorial

Ready to eat!!

Another one of our favorite meals around here is BBQ Chicken Pizza, so I thought I'd post a tutorial of how I make it in case anyone else is interested. This is one of the easiest meals that I make on a very regular basis, but still very, very tasty!

Of course, you could make this in a more "home-made, made from scratch kind of way", but that would add to the prep time. When I need a very fast, easy meal this is something I can make in way under 30 minutes.

My BBQ Chicken Pizza is modeled after one we ate at a Wolfgang Puck Express several years ago and loved!


I use one of those pre-made crusts, because they are SO convenient, but if you want to make homemade crust go for it! First I spoon some pizza sauce on my crust and then squirt on some BBQ sauce, any kind. Mix together with a spoon while spreading over top of crust.



Then I add a layer of shredded cheese. I like a combo of both cheddar and motzarella (I think it's pretty), but will use all of one kind if that's all I have on hand.



Then, the chicken. You can cook the chicken ahead of time and just stick in the fridge until time to assemble your pizza. I use 1 chicken breast, cubed. I put the uncooked cubes in a small skillet and "brown" with some BBQ sauce. Depending on how much sauce you use the intensity of your BBQ flavor in your chicken varies. I didn't use much in this picture as I was almost out, but I usually use more and cook until the sauce begins to caramelize on the chicken pieces. Anyway, this pizza is a good way to stretch a single chicken breast for an entire meal.
Very yummy!!



Then I cut little strips of sweet red onion. Adds color to the pizza and flavor.


Here is the pizza with pizza sauce/BBQ sauce combo, 1 layer of cheese, BBQ chicken and red onion. I then add another light layer of cheese on top of the chicken and onion.



Then I add some cilantro. Also adds to the color! I'm sure fresh cilantro would be better, but when I am in a hurry that usually means I don't have fresh cilantro on hand, so I just use dried. It usually moistens up while it's cooking.


Here is the pizza ready to go in the oven--with the 2nd layer of cheese and cilantro . As you can tell MK helped me with some of the cilantro as there is one big clump of it in the middle!

YUMMM!!!!!




3 comments:

Tara said...

sounds good, I'll have to try it!

Betsy said...

I am so inspired by your blog I made it last night! Mike liked it! :) Thanks for the idea.

Anonymous said...

I am going to try this between all the holiday cooking!!! It does look really yummy.