Sunday, November 30, 2008

Party Time and A Surprise

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Alabama at my sister's house. When we arrived Thursday morning we were surprised to see my Mom and Dad there too! They decided to make the drive from Kansas City and surprise Heidi and I both (our husbands were in on the deal)! It was a great surprise and I cried when I saw them (August was the last time I saw them).

Also, Mara Kate's Curious George party went really well and I was very happy with the way her cake (the yellow hat) turned out. She got lots of fun presents, including her tricycle, which we were excited about giving to her.

I also talked my Mom and sister into going to see Twilight so we had fun doing that and spending some girl time together.

Also, on Saturday we went out to eat to celebrate my dad's birthday, which is two days after Mar Kate's. It was a full weekend, but we all had a blast and I am so thankful we got some time together.


Mara Kate's birthday cake!
The "yellow hat" and her new Curious George stuffed animal.




Our big 3 year old on her new tricycle.

To see more pictures of the birthday party, click here.

If you are interested, click here for Thanksgiving pics.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is 3. The pictures were all so sweet. Would have loved to be there to see it in person. Love you all...

Christy said...

Jana, I'm so glad you got to be with your parents!!! How wonderful for you!! MK looks adorable in her pearls :)

Susanna Rose said...

A belated Happy Birthday to Mara Kate! I can't believe she's 3! Wow...so grown up and what a cake (I assume you made it? It turned out great!) and what a bike!:)

Anonymous said...

I think we all had a great Thanksgiving/birthday weekend. I'm glad you enjoyed the surprise. Thanks for coming over to Alabaster. Love you!