Thursday, July 10, 2008

A New Song

Below is a video of Mara Kate singing a song all the kids learned at VBS a couple weeks ago. I had no idea she had even learned it until a week after VBS was over. One day she just started bolting out the words that I recognized from our week at VBS. Currently it is her favorite thing to sing. She likes to be silly and sing it really fast sometimes and then really slow. She has quite the sense of humor when it comes to singing.

Anyway, for your reference here are the lyrics she is singing:

Savior, He can move the mountains.
My God is mighty to save. He is mighty to save.

Forever, author of salvation.
He rose and conquered the grave, Jesus conquered the grave!

Shine your light and let the whole world see,
we're singing for the glory of the risen King, Jesus!

Shine your light and let the whole world see,
we're singing for the glory of the risen King.



What a precious song for her to know--the very basics of the gospel of Christ, right there on the lips of a 2 year old. I love the fact that she is not ashamed! She sings this song everywhere we go---very loudly at times too! I hope her boldness never wavers!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Hey Barkers! I saw the link to your blog in one of your emails. I have to say, this video of Mara Kate is adorable! Such a cutie. =)

Emily

Anonymous said...

How precious! She has a really good memory. So many words. She got them all! I am glad she loves to sing. I can't wait to hear her in person soon! Give her a big hug from her Mimi!

Andria said...

Cuteness!!! I love the "Yay mommy!" at the end!

Anonymous said...

Tell MK that Grandpa is very proud of her for learning and singing that song! She's getting to be such a big girl.