Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Girls! Girls!

Last night Ella Ann came over to play while Katie and Spencer went on a date. Mara Kate was so excited that Ella Ann was here and they had a great time. For some reason when these girls get together they love to try on all of Mara Kate's shoes! As soon as Katie left they headed to Mara Kate's closet and pulled out several pairs of shoes. They marched around in dress shoes and Crocs while playing with baby dolls. When it was time for supper they were both sitting at the table literally shrieking with joy when Kane walked in the door from work. His eyes got big and he just looked at me. I smiled and said, "Girls". That's just how they are. I love it!

Ella Ann was actually mad at Katie when she came to pick her up. I had told the girls that after supper they could watch Veggie Tales and Katie arrived just in time to completely and utterly ruin their plan. :) Ella Ann did not want to go home. It was funny, but I'm really glad to know she had a good time and enjoyed being at our house. Katie, she was a joy and you know she is welcome any time!


Supper time!

Sweet, girly faces.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As the father of three girls, I think each set of girls who are friends ends up defining "girl time" in a way that suits themselves. I remember that "girl time" as defined by Jana and Crystal was a little different than this, but still good girl time nonetheless!

Katie said...

Wow, that picture is so funny of Ella Ann! Thank you SO much for keeping her (Kane too!). If it wasn't for you I don't think we'd ever make it out by ourselves! I told Spencer how much fun Ella Ann had and that I was actually glad (even though I was majorly shoved) that she didn't want to leave. That was the first time that's ever happened...I was thrilled! Thanks again!

Love,
K