Monday, March 24, 2008

He Is Risen, Indeed!

We had a wonderful Easter! It started early with a special worship service at church. The choir did a wonderful job and the entire service was very worshipful and reminded us of the hope we have because Christ conquered the grave! I love Easter because it follows Christmas and the celebration of the birth of Christ and sort of tells the "rest of the gospel story" with Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday. I also love that Easter sort of rings in Spring and all the light and cheerful colors as flowers begin to bloom all around us! I feel the need to do some Spring cleaning soon and my closet is first on my list! Maybe I'll post some before and after pictures when I finish that daunting project.

After church we had a yummy meal back at home with Kane's extended family. It was fun cooking together, eating candy and watching Mara Kate hunt eggs just around the apartment.

Elizabeth, me and Laren getting lunch ready in the kitchen.
Kane's mom helped a TON too, she just wasn't in this picture.





The entire Barker "clan".


Mara Kate trying out some lip gloss she got in her Easter Basket.
You can't see it very well, but I painted her name on her basket with a white paint pen.
As many of you know, I love things that are personalized!



***Bonus question: There is something a little "different" about me in these pictures. If you haven't already been told---can you tell me what it is?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get contacts? I noticed you weren't wearing your glasses in any of these pictures.
Tara

H said...

As I was reading, I thought, "hmmm, did she get her contact lenses???" If so - how do you like them?

Jordana said...

so, you got your contacts - you move fast! :-) how are you liking them!

the pics are great - I'm so glad that you all had such a great time!

Anonymous said...

Bonus Question:

Either you have gotten contacts, you can't see anything, or your vision deficiencies have been miraculously healed. (I'm guessing contacts). How do you like them?

Betsy said...

no glasses! yeah, that's what i would have guessed. ;)