Friday, March 28, 2008

Blooper

You know how sometimes your body (or hands) do things they are used to doing, even without your brain thinking about it or telling your hands to do that particular thing at that particular time? One example of this is when you drive a stick-shift car for a long time. You eventually get to where putting in the clutch and changing gears becomes so automatic and you literally don't even think about it when you do it. You just do it!

Something like that happened to me a couple days ago. Although, this particular time the thing I did without thinking made me laugh after the fact. I was leaning into the tub to run Mara Kate's bath water. Well, instead of reaching down to close the drain, my hands (without my brain's permission) pulled the knob that turns on the shower head instead. Ah! I didn't even realize what I had done until the water from up above sprayed all over my back and my head (since at the time I was leaning into the tub. I immediately turned off the water, dried off my arms and head and went to change shirts since mine was soaked. I laughed at myself at how stupid I felt for soaking myself while performing one of the simplest tasks of my day.

When I told Kane what I had done later that evening, he laughed and said that it was really funny! So, I thought I'd share it with you all too to give you a little laugh today as well. :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No pictures?

Jana said...

Sorry, Dad! No pictures this time!

Jordana said...

Jana - I have done this too - a couple of times! You would think I would have learned my lesson the first time! :-)

Susanna Rose said...

So funny! I must confess I've done this one way too many times and it can really stink, especially if you're all ready for the day and then have to pull out the hair dryer again, etc!!!;)

Anonymous said...

That is funny! I do things automatically too! Like sometimes I automatically flush the toilet and later I wonder,"Did I flush the toilet?" It's funny when you do that! Love,Alley.