Thursday, June 07, 2007

Move Update

Yesterday we received the final word of approval on our application for the new apartment we have been hoping to get. We have an appointment set for Saturday morning to go sign our new lease and do a walk through of the actual apartment that will be ours. I have started packing a few boxes each day this week of things we really don't use on a daily basis so I won't be overwhelmed as moving day approaches. I figure if I pace myself starting now I won't get as frustrated when I get stopped or interrupted by Mara Kate or other life responsibilities.

For those of you who know me well, you won't be surprised to hear that I have started a list of things which need to be carefully moved in a car (rather than a moving van) as well as a schedule of the way things should work the day before we move, moving day and the day after, as well as a list of things I need to do (such as file a change of address, have our utilities switched over, notify friends/ relatives of our new address, etc.).

Something that is humorous about the timing of this move is that we are moving on June 28th and we are scheduled to leave for a week at the beach on June 30th. So, everything will be moved and mostly left in boxes until after our vacation week. Such if life!

I am ready and excited to move and am really looking forward to gaining an extra bedroom as well as having 388 square feet more than what I am currently used to having---but, I must say--there is something a little sad about leaving the first apartment you lived in as a married couple. We have SO many fond memories here in this cozy, tiny little apartment. It will be the place I speak of when I tell our children of our "first home". I am so thankful for the "home" this apartment has been to us during the first 3 years of marriage and graduate school. I cannot believe it has been 3 years already. Life just goes on.

4 comments:

Andria said...

YAY Jana!!!!!!! Congrats on the new apartment - that is wonderful news! Let me know if you need any help packing up or watching Mara Kate while you get stuff done. Can't wait to see the new place! But I hope I get to see your current place before you leave it since I've heard so much about it :)

Anonymous said...

I can relate to all the emotions you are feeling about leaving your first home, but it's always exciting to move to "bigger and better". And, yes, I can believe you have your llsts made. I am proud of how organized you are. I love you!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys! God is providing this for you at just the right time! I know you are needing the extra space! I wish I was in the kind of shape to just come down there and help you pack up! I hope we can get away for a weekend to come see y'all and the apartment as soon as we feel comfortable traveling with a 2 yr old and baby...Maybe mid to late 2008? ;-)

Anonymous said...

We're excited for you guys! That extra room will be so nice for you!