Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The World's Best Pie

At least that's my opinion. I recently got this recipe from my friend Katie. She made this Caramel Pie and brought over a few slices to share with us...and it was WONDERFUL! So, as soon as I had a reason to make it, I did. It is really yummy and really simple too...so, I wanted to share the recipes with my blog readers!

Caramel Pie
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 graham cracker crust
1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 (1.4 oz) chocolate-covered toffee candy bars, coarsely chopped (recipe uses Skor---I used toffee bits)   
Pour milk into a 2-cup glass measuring cup; cover with aluminum foil.
Place measuring cup in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker; carefully pour hot water in slow cooker to reach the level of milk in measuring cup.  
Cover and cook on LOW 9 hours.
Scoop) caramelized milk into crust; cool completely. 
Spread whipped topping over pie; sprinkle with chopped candy bars.  
Cover and chill 2 hours or until ready to serve.


This is what you start with...


Sweetened Condensed Milk "carmelizing" in crockpot for 9 hours


Right out of the crock pot


In the pie crust (looks appetizing, huh?!)
Trust me--it tastes much better than it looks!


The finished product!
As Rachael Ray would say---YUM-O!

4 comments:

Susanna Rose said...

Um, I agree! It is the world's best pie and thanks for sending me home with half of it yesterday!!! YUM!:)

Anonymous said...

That looks really good!! What kind of nuts are on top? Would it still be good if you left those off? :)

Katie said...

You are so funny!! I'm so glad you enjoyed the pie and are sharing the way-too-easy recipe with the rest of the world! :)

Carrie Cornett said...

Well, this has to be the coolest pie I have ever heard of! I am SUCH a crockpot fan...can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing! :-)