Thursday, March 15, 2007

Taking After Tuie

It was supposed to rain today, but so far it hasn't and this afternoon turned out to be quite nice. Because the sun surprised us and came out for awhile Mara Kate and I spent a good part of the afternoon outdoors---well, out on our patio that is. I have two container gardens out there and I let Mara Kate look at and touch the flowers and play with my watering can and trowel. For those of you who don't know---Kane's mom (Tuie) is a wonderful gardener and has an absolutely beautiful flower garden in her yard---so, that's why I titled this post the way I did. Mara Kate loved the flowers and kept pointing at them when I said the word "flower". It was so sweet watching her toddle back and forth looking at the cars go by and just enjoy being outdoors, even if OUR outdoors is right in the middle of the big city.









We also laid out a blanket, brought out some books and blocks and played for awhile enjoying the sun. Mara Kate even ate an afternoon snack outside and got to "draw" for the first time using chalk. She soaked up the sun and the extra fun we had together. It was a great afternoon.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to spend some time in the great outdoors uh, well, maybe the small outdoors. Love you!

Heather said...

That looks like a really fun day! Mara Kate is looking SO cute. :-)

Anonymous said...

The pictures are so, so sweet! I love the hair and the little overalls..ahh. You'll have to teach me something about gardening...I just might have a little girl who will want to know something about all that...scary :)

Susanna Rose said...

She looks like such a little girl now and such a cute one at that! These pics remind me that we have to start getting our balcony planted up again soon...right now every things VERY dead!!!