Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A Quick Update

Today I had a doctors appointment. I had to drink this sugary sweet glucose tolerance drink and then have my blood drawn an hour later to be tested for gestational diabetes. I got the drink down and had the blood drawn, but will not know the results for a couple days.

I had the usual monthly appointment stuff done (weight, blood pressure, baby's heartbeat (which is always wonderful to hear)). I also got an RH (Rogahm sp?) shot. This shot is to prevent my negative blood from attacking the baby's possible positive blood should they mix. So far everything is fine with the shot---no bad reactions.

Overall--the appointment went well, but I left a little wiped out from having 2 vials of blood drawn, drinking a syrupy, sweet, sugary drink (blahh!) and getting a shot (in the butt -- not fun).

Kane was a very sweet husband and took me to Chic-Fil-A for lunch after it was all over and then came home and stayed with me the rest of the afternoon (just to make sure I didn't react to the shot). He was able to get quite a bit of work done while I napped for a couple hours.

Kane- Thank you sweetie for taking care of me today--I love you really a lot! :)

It's bed time and all is well. Goodnight!

6 comments:

Susanna Rose said...

A shot in the derriere?! Definitely not fun!!! I'm glad you're feeling better my friend! Good for you for never losing perspective when you face the less "joyous" sides of getting through your pregnancy!(=

Anonymous said...

Im glad that day is over for you--I cant wait to see ya this weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jana - I'm glad to hear all is going well with the baby. Joshua and I had a great time visiting with you and Kane last weekend!

Jordana said...

Glad everything at the appointment went well. Prayerfully, the sugar test will be a negative for gestational diabetes.
Yes, and shots in the derriere are NOT fun! It's awesome that they are available though! Medicine can make a difference!
We had a great time with you on Monday...thanks again! :-)

Anonymous said...

Jana, I am sure you are glad that is over! I hope it was not as bad as it seemed it would be before you went to the doctor. I am glad for you that it is over, and I pray that you are not gestationally diabetic. I love you, and it is great having you and Kane home this weekend! Love, Mom

Tara said...

Jana, I'm glad it is over too. It was good to see you and Kane this weekend and every time I see you, it seems a little more real that there is actually a baby in there! Can't wait!