Monday, September 19, 2005

K-town

Kane and I had a fun, but busy weekend at his parents house in Knoxville, TN (a.k.a. K-town). We drove up Friday evening and ate a yummy meal with his Mom and Dad. Saturday morning Kane went with his Dad to the Coal Creek Armory to go "shooting". They had some good father/son time together while I went with my mother-in-law to a little consignment shop (Repeat Boutique) to scope out their maternity rack. With only 11 weeks to go it seems absurd to be buying more maternity clothes now--but yet, I needed them. I have outgrown several pieces I already had, plus the season is changing slowly but surely--although I don't beleive it now--it is supposed to get colder before I have this baby.

After shopping we made our way over to Nan Sprouse's house. Nan hosted my first baby shower Saturday morning. She and her friend Jana did a wonderful job and were very hospitable. I got to see several friends that I hadn't seen in quite some time and get to know some more of my mother-in-law's friends too. It was a wonderful morning and we received some nice and greatly needed items. I think the baby's arrival seemed real in a new way after opening up all these things that I will actually be using soon to take care of this little one now inside me. Wow!

Saturday afternoon Kane and I were able to spend some time visiting with his grandparents--which is always nice. Mimi gave me a sweet little cotton blanket which was hand-sewn by our baby's Great-Great Nana Kane--very special.

We were able to eat supper with Kane's parents, his sister and her husband. They drove in to spend the night with us so we could get some visiting time in with them.

It was a wonderful weekend all the way around. I love traveling. I love family.

Thank you Lord for the blessing of family, friends and fellowship.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you had a fun weekend. I'm looking forward already to the next time we get to see you!!

Anonymous said...

Indeed, it was good to spend time with family. It was a fast-paced weekend, but we definitely enjoyed ourselves. I'm also glad that I got to see Josh for a little while.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed seeing you at the shower! It was fun!

Susanna Rose said...

I'm glad you had fun and that you got further stocked up for that baby of yours! Again, I absolutely love the names you've picked out(and the meaning behind the girl's name!!(= )

Anonymous said...

we really did have a great time--it makes the baby seem even more real to me too!